Monday, January 14, 2008

Photo a Day Challenge

Some of my scrapping friends at The Scrapbook Site came up with the idea of taking a photo a day and then scrapping them all at the end of the month. I think their goal is to do this for the year, but I wanted to start off by committing to do this for January. Baby steps! It's been 2 weeks and I've done it, so far. I wanted to share the photos from the first 14 days. I figure that I will share every two weeks.

Jan 1 - Alex, after cheerleading practice. Yup, she even had practice on New Year's Day!


Jan 2 - Diligent Samantha doing her homework.


Jan 3 - My new slipper socks that Tom's aunt gave me. Aren't they the coolest?


Jan 4 - Amy Bender and I (and our friend, Betsy) went into NYC to celebrate her birthday.


Jan 5 - I went to a 12-hr crop at Amy's LSS, Express Yourself . Here are my friends, Jenn and Marilyn with Amy cutting it up in the background!


Jan 6 - Alex at her soccer banquet to celebrate her U12 D1 team win of the district championship. Alex is the second one from the right in the bottom row. Coach Tom, aka, Daddy is pictured here, as well.


Jan 7 - Yes, a lot of board stalking going on as I waited to find out if I made the My Scrapbook Nook design team. I was one of the 20 finalists, but it wasn't meant to be...THIS TIME!!! ;) I'll keep trying, because I love that site!


Jan 8 - I started my cheerleader mini album. Did this while I was watching the girls at cheer practice.


Jan 9 - Samantha and I had our own private crop and she got dressed up for the occassion.


Jan 10 - Alex in her middle school cheer uniform. Isn't she cute?!!


Jan 11 - My desk at work. I try to make it home.


Jan 12 - My family just relaxing at home. Alex and Tom are on their computers and Samantha is watching TV


Jan 13 - Work that I brought home because there was supposed to be a huge storm the next day and I didn't want to go in during it.


Jan 14 - The huge storm...NOT!!!


So that chronicles the first 14 days of the year. You should try this...it's really fun. I can't wait to make my page for January!

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Janette said...

WOW way to go with the first 14 days. I love getting a look at your family. Can't wait to see more photos! =)

AnnaB said...

I love your photos! Such a great way to document your life!!!

Kate O'Brien said...

HOW FUN! I love all of your photos! I'll try to do this in feb. with you!

DebW said...

you're off to a good start! Love the new pics of the girls..they're growing up too fast!!

Dettao said...

Great pics. I am also doing project 365. (it's really 366 since it is leap year. LOL) I have opened a flicker account that I am uploading them to with a link on my blog. I plan to do something with them each month, too. I even did a page about my goal!

Theresa Tyree said...

Hey girlfriend! Just getting around to catching up with you! I love, love, love seeing all the pictures and reading about the little daily things going on in your life. I especially loved seeing your desk at work. I wouldn't dare post a pic of my work desk. It's as bad as when I finish a scrapping project! LOL! Good thing my boss doesn't care!
Don't worry about that Nook thing. Just snap your fingers and say, "Next!". Ha ha!
Miss you and hope we get to play together soon!
Tree

Debbie said...

Oh I wish I would have gotten started sooner on that Project 365.
Oh maybe next year. I love all your candid shots! I hope to have a new camera in my hot little hands soon. The kids are all going in to get me a digital slr. Can't wait! Hope to catch up and start another contest soon! xox

JennyLilac said...

Great photos - this looks like a fun challenge!

Scrappy Moments said...

Love the First 14 Days, How Fun & what a Great Idea, Bet Journaling will be a Breeze too, since it's all fresh in your mind. How Inspirational :)

Angie