Monday, January 21, 2008

Our Cheer Weekend / Photo A Day Challenge - Wk 3

The girls and I just got back from the Northeast Knockout National cheer competition in Worcester, MA. It was our very first 2-day competition. Lots of fun and oh so tiring!!! The girls did well. They went up against some very fierce competition and our gym is only in its second year of operation, so we have our work cut out for us. But they did amazing. We all had a very fun time going up with our friends. Samantha competed Youth Level 2; Alex competed Youth Level 2 and Senior Level 5; their friend, Dori, competed Youth Level 2 and Senior Level 3. I want to share some photos with you.

Alex and Sam right before we got picked up by our friends on Saturday.


Mama with her girlies.


The Youth Level 2 team in their pyramid on Saturday


The girls passing some time in between performances.


My friend, Alisa (Dori's mom), and I. We graduated high school together!


Alex, Taylor, and Dori at dinner on Saturday.


Alex, Dori, and Samantha at dinner. What a great time! The food was OK, the friends were the best!


Roy, Alex, Dori, and Sam having fun in the hotel after dinner.


Ready to do it all over again on Sunday!!!


Samantha watching a replay of her performance.


A sweet mother/daughter moment


The awards ceremony.


Alex and Dori at the end of a very long two days!!!



Week 3 of the Photo a Day Challenge:

Jan. 15 - Samantha eating a quick snack before cheer.


Jan. 16 - Me posing with some scrappy mail I received that day...part of my contest winnings from the Scrappy Giraffe Kits "Scrap that Tune" contest, in which I won third place.


Jan. 17 - My entire "Scrap that Tune" winnings.


Jan. 18 - Alex getting some rest before her two-day cheer competition in Worcester, MA.


Jan. 19 - The girls and their friends having dinner at the hotel on Saturday night.


Jan. 20 - The Youth Level 2 team finishing their performance on Sunday.


Jan. 21 - Tom gettin in some rest before leaving to play his 11 pm game. Yup, 11 pm!!!


Thank you for looking!!! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are great pics!!!

DebW said...

GREAT photos!! And look at all that loot you won! Well deserved, girl!

Julie said...

Hya Amy!! Just visiting your blog. Saying hi from Scrapdango and congrats on that loot from winning!

Lisa J. said...

Amy looks like the girl really enjoy themselves cheering. They got spirit yes they do! LOL And congrats on 3rd place. Nice winnings.

ScrapAloha said...

Hey Amy, Looks like a lot of fun! Great pictures!! Congrats on your win! Have fun with your goodies!!!
{{{{hugs}}}}

Theresa Tyree said...

Lovin' all the photos, Amy!! How fun does all the cheer stuff look! I wish I had a little girl. But then, I'd be broke! That's gotta cost a fortune! Yikes!

You made out like gang busters on that STT at SGK contest! Lots of yummy goodies there. Can I come play??

Dettao said...

Those uniforms are certainly photogenic, aren't they!? Glad you guys had fun

Janette said...

Oh Amy I'm so glad you are doing this. I loveeeeee seeing all your photos. You girls sure looked pretty and like they had a ton of fun! I also love the every day life photos. It's so fun to see! I sure do miss you. Take care and I hope you get some time to relax. HUGS!

Zarah said...

Darling photos!! :D

Btw... You've been tagged! Check my blog! :D

Michelle said...

Great pictures Amy!Congrats on SG and your scraptunes wins!