Monday, August 6, 2007

Week 5 Challenge/Layout Swaps/Crop Layouts

This is going to have to be a huge post, since I haven't been good about updating lately!!!

We shall start with the Week 5 assignments for the "So You Think You Can Scrap" contest at The Scrapbook Site. We are more than half way there!!! Here is my Challenge layout, where we were required to design a layout based on a song:

My "theme song" is I'm Still Standing" by Sir Elton John.

"Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah
I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah"

This is a song of empowerment for me...of overcoming adversity and coming out strong. I love this song!!!


This was the most fun challenge yet for me. I got to play with my Hambly!!!

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Bling; Patterned paper, transparencies, and rubons: Hambly Studios; Letter: American Crafts Thickers; Pens: Signo Uniball and Staedtler. TFL :)

For the Mid-Week challenge, we had to design a card for somebody based on a song, as well:

The song "Count on Me", sung by Cece Wynans and Whitney Houston, inspired this birthday card for a dear friend. Jenn (Lovetocrop72...show her some love in the gallery) is very special to me. We have so much fun together and she is every bit the scrappaholic that I am. But most importantly, Jenn is a friend who sticks through bad times, as well as good. I just wanted to convey to her that she can "count on me" to be there for her during all times, as well.

"Count on me through thick and thin,
a friendship that will never end
when you are weak
I will be strong
helping you to carry on
Call on me I will be there,
don't be afraid
please believe me when I say
count on...me"

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Patterned paper: Daisy D's; Sticker letters: Making Memories; Flowers: Prima; Black gems: K & Co.; Pen: Staedtler; Embroidery floss: DMC

Layout Swap update:

A couple of weeks ago I asked friends if they wanted to do a layout swap with me. Ardelle, Rhi, Janette, Theresa, Debbie, Jenn, and Pat took me up on this fun activity. So far I have made four of their layouts. As we complete pairings, I will share with you what we've done.

Ardelle

Ardelle was fast!!! She was the first to complete her layout using my photo. And what a beautiful layout it is. It looks even more divine in person!!! Check it out:

Isn't it beautiful?!! Thank you, Ardelle!!! <3

In return, I got to scrap a picture of Ardelle's beautiful daughter, Britney:

I had a great time making this! Thank you, Ardelle, for participating!

Debbie

Debbie made me a beautiful layout using one of Alex's pictures. Alex LOVED it...it put a huge smile on her face, as well as mine. Here is the layout that Debbie made me:

Didn't Debbie do a wonderful job?!!

In return, I got to scrap a newborn!!! Debbie gave me a gorgeous picture, taken by Theresa, of her new grandson, Logan. I was in my glory scrapping this photo:

Isn't he a cutie?!! Thank you, Debbie, for playing along!!!

Layouts from the August 4 crop
I got to crop with Jenn and Anne again on Saturday. We had a blast! And I was very productive!!! Here are 3 more layouts that I got done:

This is from the gorgeous Cocoa Daisy "Sunkissed" kit...so much fun to use!!!


These are from the fabulous Label Tulip "Chardonnay" kit...I LOVE this kit!!!

That's it for now! Thanks for looking!!! :)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Those layouts are awesome. I am so happy to have done one. It something I have been really wanting to do. The one you did of Logan for me is precious. You do some wonderful layouts. Did you just add a banner tonite to your blog? I want to know how to do that!

Kristi Smith said...

Wow, those are great layouts!!! Love your "I'm still standing" entry. It's funny how many sites are doing that contest!!! Good luck!!!

I wanna trade photos!!!=)

Great job girls, I see Janette has yet to complete hers!=)

You have been busy, I think I get one layout done a month now!!!=) Just need to sit down and scrap for a weekend. But there rarely happens.

Janette said...

Hello Darling! Guess what? I got your layout done. I sent you an email with pics of it! :)

Love your layouts! They are all simply gorgeous! I really love the one of you! You are so pretty!

Have a GREAT day! xoxox