Friday, July 27, 2007

Week 4: So You Think You Can Scrap contest

This week's challenges for the "So You Think You Can Scrap" contest at The Scrapbook Site required a lot of thought and a lot of journaling. I liked that about these challenges; they allowed the envelope to be pushed. Here's what I came up with.

Mid-Week Bonus: Create an impromptu card for a person who had been influential in our life or the life of our child.

When I found out what the challenge was going to be, I immediately knew that I would make a card for Alex's tumbling coach, Miss Victoria. Miss Victoria took Alex on, as a student two and half years ago and built her up from a person who couldn't even do a round-off to an elite tumbler. Alex is now executing double and standing fulls!!! For all of you who know cheerleading...that is AMAZING!!! Miss Victoria got Alex to tumble passes that are practically what you see gymnasts do on TV during the floor exercises!!! But not only is she an incredible coach...she is an excellent role model who cares about Alex's well-being inside and out. She teaches Alex to have confidence; to believe in herself; to be the best person she can be. Miss Victoria and Alex have grown to share a very special bond...a bond that maybe people will find once or twice in a lifetime.

Miss Victoria, this card is for you! We look forward to giving it to you at next week's lesson!

Note: This might look like a layout, but it's actually a 6" x 6" card. You can tell by looking at the staples for scale. I attached a ribbon loop to the top, in case she wants to display it.

Supplies: Transparency: Staples; Patterned paper: Basic Grey; Flowers and Ribbon: Prima; Gemstones: Target; Ghost butterflies and rubons: Heidi Swapp; Acrylic paint: Ranger Industries; Pen: Zig Millenium

Week 4 Challenge: A Walk Down Memory Lane. A Then and Now type page.
Create a layout about a childhood memory and how it relates to you now.
Some examples
-something you loved or hated as a child and how you feel about it today
-something you see your kids doing that relates to you and your childhood
-how something random today stirs up childhood memories

The journaling is heavy...I'm not comfortable sharing it here. If you're close to me and want to know more, let me know and I will send you the words. I'm happy to share it with my friends :)

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Patterned paper and rubons: Basic Grey; Chipboard frame: Fancy Pants; Flowers: Prima; Letter stickers and Brads: Doodlebug; Pens: Tombow and Signo Uniball.

So the contest is now half over!!! 4 more weeks to go. I can't wait to see who wins!!! Thanks for looking. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Is that you behind the journaling?? I love that you journaled over the pic!

Ardelle

Janette said...

WOW Amy these are gorgeous! You are rocking with your layouts! I'm so glad we are friends! You are beautiful person inside and out! Many hugs to you. :)

P.S. I would love an email with the journaling! I can't wait to see what you do with the pics I sent you! :)

Kelly said...

Your challenge layouts are BEAUTIFUL Amy! I look forward to seeing what you submit each week. Thanks so much for the inspiration!
~blessings,
Kelly