Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Week 6 of Contest/ More layout swaps :)

We shall start with the Week 6 assignments for the "So You Think You Can Scrap" contest at The Scrapbook Site. My 6th challenge required that I use 3 photographs, 3 buttons, 3 different patterned papers, 3 different ribbons, a 3-word title, and 3 additional embellishments of my choice, as long as they were not of the same variety already mentioned. Cardstock, paint, and pens were unlimited. Here's what I came up with:

Journaling:
"What are the 3 most beautiful words I could ever hear? What 3 words can put JOY in my heart, SPRING in my step, and touch my SOUL? 'I love you'. -Especially when they are said by you!"

My 3 bonus embellishments are 3 rubons.

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Patterned paper: Tinkering Ink; ribbon: Autumn Leaves and Unknown; Buttons: SEI; Rubons: Hambly Studios; Pens: Signo Uniball and Staedtler.
The mid-week challenge was nice and easy! All we had to do was post one photograph of our scrap space (YIKES!) and one photo of a nice way to organize something. Here's what I posted:

Yep, this is where it all takes place at home, my bedroom. It isn't pretty!!! I have lots of stuff and very limited space! We're in the process of converting our den into my scraproom.

I hope this isn't the equivalent of not wanting to eat at a restaurant after you've seen the kitchen!!! :)

TFL! (I think... ;) )

I painted this cute Prima tray and decorated it for the purpose of storing paints in a really pretty way.


More photo swaps with friends!!!

Janette
I had such a good time scrapping Janette's photos. Boy, I wish we lived closer because she has an incredibly fun family!!! They are always smiling and really seem to enjoy each other. I wanted my layout to convey that sense of fun and happiness. Here's what I made for her:

Don't they look like so much fun to be with?!!

Janette made me this SUPER layout of the girls! I love it so much!

Isn't it fabulous?!!!

Pat
Pat gave me this wonderful picture of her and her daughters, Nicole and Dee. They are remarkably close and I just had to make a layout to reflect that.

Aren't they cute?!!

Pat made a WONDERFUL layout that truly captured the playful spirit of Alex and Sam. It's such a fabulously colorful and energetic page:

Isn't it great?!!

Pat had so much fun making her layout that she had someone photograph her with it! Isn't she cute?!!

Thank you so much, Janette and Pat, for swapping with me!!!

4 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Amy! I'm so glad you like the LO I made. I just love the LO you made for me. I can't wait to scrap the pic of you! :) Might take me a few days to get to it! :)

Love your work. You rock my friend. I also love the tray you painted for your paints! LOL that you scrap on your bed. Hey whatever works! I scrap in my family room and it's always a mess! :)

Sweet dreams my friend! Hugs!

Michelle said...

Amy love the layout you did of Pat and her daughters!great job!
and ITA with you Pat is just to darn cute!!!

Michelle said...

your are too funny!!
1. yes i would honored to be connected to your blog :) and i will link yours to mine as well!

2. I WOULD love to do a photo swap with you i don't get to do girl photos much!!!

3. the ice cream layout was at Stews :)

4. you deserve a night off!!go have some ice cream :) I should be scrapping myself!!

5. we should get together to scrap!!

TTYL!

Theresa Tyree said...

Taking a break from packing and thought I'd see what you're up to.

Wow, Amy! You have SO MANY friends! I feel blessed to be one amongst them all! How on Earth do you have time to scrap for yourself as well as all your friends? I'm floored!!!