Friday, July 20, 2007

Week 3, "So You Think You Can Scrap" Contest

This week's challenges were a lot of fun over at the "So You Think You Can Scrap" contest at The Scrapbook Site.

Our big challenge was to create a layout with the theme "7 Things that I am Lucky to Have" or having a title very similar to that idea. We had to use 7 photos, 7 journaling strips, and 7 buttons. Here is what I came up with:

Journaling:
1. My girls are my life
2. My loving husband. I'm so very lucky.
3. My job...So nice to love what I do.
4. My creativity. Art keeps me sane.
5. My friends. So very lucky to have them.
6. Our health and strength. So very fortunate.
7. Our freedom...must not take for granted.

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Patterned paper: Basic Grey; Chipboard number: My Mind's Eye; Buttons: 7 Gypsies; Rubons: Basic Grey; Paint: Ranger Industries; Gold leafing pen: Krylon; Pen: Signo Uniball; Other: yarn.

Note: I crocheted the fiber trim...just a simple chain stitch.

Our mid-week challenge was to create a bookmark using patterned paper, cardstock, our favorite quote (or a quote if you don't have a favorite), and a flower. This is what I made:

My quote:
"No longer forward nor behind
I look in hope and fear;
But grateful take the good I find,
The best of now and here."
--John G. Whittier

This quote expresses my desire to live in the moment and to stop dwelling on the past and anticipating the future.

Supplies: Cardstock, Patterned paper, and Die-cut flower: Die Cuts With a View; Journaling Die-cut: Daisy D's; Gold leafing pen: Krylon; Other: Fibers, stickers, and eyelet.

So, we'll have to see what next week's challenge is. Can't wait!!!

4 comments:

Janette said...

WOW GREAT job on that LO! Love your fun design! CUTE bookmark too!

I will email you some pictures today. :)

Have a GREAT day!

Theresa Tyree said...

Amy, this page design rocks!! You're so creative! You've done so well on each of the challenges so far. The new one is up. Yikes! Are you ready to take a trip down memory lane? Hee hee!

Debbie said...

The layout was so cool! You got one of my votes on this challenge. I am so freaking out about challenge #4. I got the childhood memory but can't come up with how it relates to me now.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello and check out all your new goodies! You've been busy!! Love it ALL! Wow, what eye candy!!! Hope all is well!
Wendy