Saturday, May 19, 2007

Road Trip to CKC Manchester!!! -- We are truly NUTS!!!

Wow...I'm pretty tired!!! It all started yesterday when Jenn Henry and I went to a six hour crop after working all day long! We had a wonderful time and had the opportunity to see a great little LSS called Lasting Memories in Mahopec, NY. Boy, are they stocked with the most current products around!!! Can you say, "kid in a candy store?!!!" We left there at midnight and didn't get home until close to one.

Somehow I managed to appeal to Jenn's crazy impulsive side and got her to agree to go to CKC Manchester with me early this morning! We were on the road before 6:30 am! We then set out to pick up my dear friend, Doris, who had agreed last week to go on my little pilgrimage to CKC. I was so exhausted that she had to drive the second leg of our 4 hour trip!

To say that Jenn and I perked up when we got to CKC is an understatement! We were dazzled everywhere we went by beautiful, BEAUTIFUL product! "Hello, our names are Jenn and Amy and we are scrapaholics!"

Here are some scenes from our adventure:
These girls are the best!!! They endured fatigue, a 4-hour car ride, and rain to travel with me to CKC!

Judging from their smiles, I'm thinking that they had a great time!

What a treat!!! I got to meet a fellow Pink Lady, Jenny Lilac! She's super nice and it was so exciting to meet her! We live close enough that I have no doubt that we'll meet again. :)

I also got to meet a scrapping superstar, Karen Burniston! I have always enjoyed and admired her style. What a wonderful delight it was to meet her!

Doris admiring the beautiful ribbons!

Jenn with a look of love in her eye as she shops at one of her favorite online stores. <333

Anyone know of a good 12 Step program? My beautiful array of great scrapping finds...

My cute bag from ScrapDaddy.com and my new scrapping t-shirt. Jenn has a matching t-shirt. Won't we just be the cutest croppers?!!

So that was our adventure at CKC Manchester. I have no doubt that we will want to return again next year. I think we'll plan to get some extra sleep, though, before making the trip!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you!!! We have 2 of those a year around here. One in March in Portland, OR., and one in November in Bellevue, WA. It is so much fun! Your pics make me want to go now!!!!! : ) Can you say "addict here too"!! And it looks like you spend as much as I do at one of those! Looks like you had a blast. Get some sleep so you can be creative!

Ardelle

Anonymous said...

HI Amy!!! That is succcchhhh a great recap of our wonderful weekend! I was so flipping tired last night that i passed out watching Law and Order by 9pm....My hubby thinks we are insane, crazy thing is he says that and has no idea what i HAVE for product...yes, it is still in the trunk of the car LOL

Can you send me the pics from MM retreat and yesterday? Thanks--we should both make pages and see how different they come out.....

Rhi said...

i am so very jealous of all those new pretties.
hope you aren't too tired now amy! i will email you a bit later xxx

Janette said...

Hi Amy,
I'm so jealous, look at all that yummy stuff! :) I'm glad you had a fun time!!! Now hurry up and make a LO with it. I wanna see! =D

edith turk said...

Welcome to the Lasting Memories gang!
:D

Owl at Home said...

Hey I definitely want to meet again!!