Saturday, April 12, 2008

Exciting things have been happening!!!

Hi all,

I've been horrible about updating lately...I know. I've just been so crazy busy...not much time for anything! I am very late on posting my Week 14 pictures. I have decided to post Weeks 14 and 15 together this coming Monday, so you will see 14 pictures at that time. Stay tuned.

I wanted to share some exciting news with you all.

1. I won the $1000 Grand Prize in the 2007-2008 "Heart of Winter - Serendipity" contest by Close To My Heart!!! I created a layout, using their beautiful Serendipity kit and it was selected as the first place winner! I am over the moon about this and now have the very pleasurable task of selecting $1000 worth of CTMH goodies out of their catalog!!!

Here are some pictures of my layout:












2. Alex is going to the 2008 USASF World Cheerleading competition!!!
Alex went to VA last weekend to compete in a cheer competition, where bids to the World competition were handed out to the top two teams.

Now I didn't go and see the performances for myself, but apparently they did awesome and stuck every single stunt and tumbling pass. All of the other teams were telling them how awesome they were and were amazed at the level of difficultly of their routine. So they were all stunned when they came in 5th out of five teams!!! Very disappointed, but chalked it all up them being a new and obscure gym. Cheer can be very subjective.

Fast forward to this morning, when I get an e-mail saying that a math error had been made...Alex's team came in 2nd!!! They are now going to Worlds in 2.5 weeks!!! They are held in Orlando, FL! There will be 300+ Level 5 teams from all over the world (22 countries, I think). Now Nationals are held everywhere and really don't mean too much. But there is only ONE World Competition and it is by invitation only!

Very, very exciting and such a wonderful opportunity for my 12 year old!!! I'm so proud of her and her team.


I promise to show you Weeks 14 and 15 on Monday!!! :)

11 comments:

Amie said...

That's amazing!! Yay for you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DebW said...

OMG!!!!!!And I thought that I scored big this morning!! Congrats all around to you and Alex and her squad!! Awesome, cool, spectacular, totally so over the top freakin unique LO!! If you don't enter MM Masters this year you're crazy!!

ScrapAloha said...

Whoo hooo! congrats Amy!!! This is totally cool news for both of you! WTG!!! YOur Layout is beautiful!!!

Janette said...

WOW such awesome news. First off congratulations to you. You are going to have a blast with all the new things you pi k out. LOVE that layout it's so pretty. ANDDDDDDDDD that is also awesome news about your girls coming in second! Woo Hoo!
I've miss you sweetie! Take care! Hugs!

Oh Scrap!! said...

WTG!!Congratulations!! how exciting! i'm sure you'll have a blast and take lots of pics,enjoy the moment,hugs,Rosa.

Stacey said...

Gorgeous layout! How exciting and fun!!

Theresa Tyree said...

Wooohooo!! Congrats to my over achieving girls!! I'm so excited about your BIG CTMH win!! That's awesome! You have to let us know what goodies from the catalog you pick out! Doin' the happy dance in your honor!!

Michelle said...

Congats Amy!!super cooL!

Jessica said...

OMG Amy!! I don't even know what to say. seriously, how INCREDIBLE are both of these announcements???? ALEX AT WORLDS??? ARE YOU BESIDE YOURSELF! I feel excited just because I know you! are you all traveling? how do you make plans that fast?? WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

Kat

*Rachel* said...

YAY for both announcements, Amy!
You already KNOW how excited I am about the CTMH! LOL! :)

But, how very cool for Alex!!!! GOOD LUCK to her! :)