Sunday, September 16, 2007

Week 2 of Bad Girls Top Designer Contest

I just finished my entry for Week 2 of the Top Designer contest over at Bad Girls. It's a six-week contest with an awesome grand prize, worth over $800 and three runner-up prizes! There are about 150 contestents left.

The second assignment was a Texture/Dimension challenge.
Here is my response to the challenge:






This was a fun assignment to do. I started off by printing 3 of the same photograph. Layer 1 is the entire photograph; Layer 2 is Samantha's body; Layer 3 is Samantha's face. I don't know that it is easily visible in the photograph, but the picture looks 3-dimensional. For other texture/dimensional elements, I threaded lace through chipboard photo corners; I added tulle beneath velvet flowers; I overlapped a cut out portion of the patterned paper flowers on cardstock over a portion of the flat patterned paper; I put a crackle finish on a chipboard heart; I added rhinestones. Doodled edges on the scalloped cardstock gives a further illusion of dimensionality.

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Patterned paper: K & Co. and Creative Imaginations; Chipboard: Magistical Memories; Flowers: Queen & Co.; Brads: SEI; Letter stickers: American Crafts and Making Memories; Rhinestones: Heidi Swapp; Acrylic Paint and Crackle Finish: Ranger Industries; Pens: Fiskars and Sakura; Gold paint pen: Krylon; Other: Lace trim.

While I was making this layout, I felt really good about it. Now that I see the other contestests' entrees rolling in, I'm not so sure how this is going to "stack up". We'll keep our fingers crossed and see what happens!!!

10 comments:

Janette said...

Well Darling in my book you are a winner! Love the cool design and those yummy colours!!! Good luck my friend!!! I want you to winnnnnnn!
P.S. I still didn't get out to mail your LO, soon I promise. I tried but our post office didn't have a big enough mailing envelope. So I must go into the city this week and do it.

Scrappy Moments said...

Wow! What a Beautiful Layout Amy :) I love the colors and embellishments, I bet you go far in the contest, Wonderful Layouts you are doing! Good Luck!


Angie

Stacey said...

Very cool!! Great texture!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!!

Ardelle

Debbie said...

Another awesome layout, Amy! I rooting for you and Theresa big time.

Kelly said...

I love love love how you added your layered photo, that is totally cool Amy! Your layout is terrific and you deserve to stay another week!
~blessings,
Kelly

Rachael said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!! totally loving all your texture and dimenion!! Good luck!

Theresa Tyree said...

You're a shoe-in for sure, Amy! Beautiful!!

Janette said...

Well Amy the layouts are on their way to your house. =) I mailed them yesterday. I'm excited you have only seen the one but not the other one. The surprise is fun! Enjoy my friend! xoxo

Debby Winters said...

What a great page! WOW! The layout and layering are amazing