Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Sweet Friend Janette/ Week 3: Bad Girls

My friend, Janette, sent me the sweetest, best scrappy package EVER! She sent the awesome layout that she did for our swap:

Isn't it beautiful? And, Janette, I read the back of it today...I am so touched by your loving message to my girls!!!

Janette also made me a beautiful layout of a picture that she liked of me:

I think it is exquisite!!! The gorgeous stamping, doodling, flowers, and lace trim! I LOVE the Urban Couture paper that she used. She nailed it!!! I can't stop smiling when I think of the time and care that she put into it.

She also made me a beautiful card:

I love it!

And if that weren't enough, Janette sent me some lovely acrylic stamp sets and Prima flowers!

Janette, I am so blessed to have you for a friend. You are so kind and sweet. So funny and a lot of fun. Thank you for everything!!!

Week 3 of Bad Girls:
I just finished my entry for Week 3 of the Top Designer contest over at Bad Girls. It's a six-week contest with an awesome grand prize, worth over $800 and three runner-up prizes! There are about 110 contestents left.

For my third assignment, I chose to focus on shape.
Here is my response to the challenge:

I chose to focus on Shape for this week's homework. I chose the heart to help convey the loving sisterly relationship that my daughters have. The journaling/title communicates the joking and humorous side of their relationship, and, yes, there is bickering as well!

I kept this layout very simple, so as to not detract from the heart and picture. I used lots of color, bling, fun fiber, and metallic cardstock to dress this layout up, without using too many embellishments. TFL. :)

Supplies: Cardstock and Patterned paper: Die Cuts With a View; Fiber: Basic Grey; Rhinestone trim: Junkitz; Letter stickers: Arrow brad: Around the Block; Making Memories; Pen: Signo Uniball.

Wish me luck that I somehow make it on to Week 4!!!

5 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Amy,
Sorry it took me so long to mail you those layouts. BUT I'm glad you now have them and love them. It was a lot of fun making them for you! Enjoy my dear friend.

Love, love, love your new layout. That heart is gorgeous. Fabulous design as always. I'm sure they will love it too! Good luck my friend!

Have a GREAT day! xoxo

Scrappy Moments said...

Hi Amy,

Beautiful Layout and the ones Janette made are gorgous too.. I really like the Heart with the mulberry papers, so creative...

Angie

Kelly said...

Amy,

Your Bad Girls layout is terrific. Sounds like Janette is a great gal...she blessed you!

~blessings,
Kelly

Theresa Tyree said...

Wow! What a special friend Janette is! You are truly blessed. You can see her heart in everything she made for you. All are just beautiful!!
Amy, I think your heart layout rocks!! You do such beautiful work!

Kristi Smith said...

Isn't Janette the sweetest!?!?!?! Great layouts, that top one doesn't look like her normal style but I definitely could tell the one of you was a Janette original. =)

Love your entry. Very cute, sorry you were eliminated. =(