Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Week 11 pictures / Iron Chef contest runner up / Alex is 12 now!!!

Boy, this is late...I apologize. It's been a busy week between cheer competitions, celebrating Alex's birthday, and preparing for my first ever class that I taught at Express Yourself last night (which went great!).

So here are my pictures from Week 11 and what a fun week it was!

March 11 - I think Alex looks soooo cute in her reading glasses!


March 12 - Samantha sporting the sweet apron she made in home economics class. :)


March 13 - Samantha and McDreamy, LOL!!!


March 14 - Alex is hanging upside down on a velcro wall! The suit is made out of velcro and Alex was the envy of the place with her ability to tumble herself up the wall upside down!!! I guess the tumbling experience is paying off! ;)


Marh 15 - My birthday girl!!! <333 I can't believe that Alex is 12 already!


March 16 - We took Alex out to a local Japanese restaurant with my dad, stepmother, and grandmother. The girls are pictured with my dad and stepmother. We had a great time and ALWAYS enjoy the food there!


March 17 - Alex upside down again; practicing her double full.


Iron Chef competition runner up!!!

I just participated in a super fun competition at Scrappin' mojo, called The Iron Chef competition. Thirty people signed up for this 4 week contest and were mailed four different ingredients before the start of the contest. Each week, we had to use one of the ingredients in two specified projects. Contestants had to earn the right to move on, and for the final week, it was down to 7 of us. They selected one Iron Chef and two Sous Chefs (runner ups), of which I was one. I can now share my projects with you all.

Week 1 - Working with buttons. On a layout, use buttons on top of an embellishment. Also make a card using buttons and stitching.









Week 2 - Working with flowers. Make a masculine layout using flowers. Also make a monogram tag using flowers.









Week 3 - Using eyelets. Make a layout that uses eyelets for a use other than holding something together. Make an additional project that uses creativity in putting different things inside of eyelets.













Week 4 - Using fiber. Create one layout that uses at least one yard of fiber. Create an Easter project using fiber.
















Happy Birthday, Alex!!!


Alex at 1 year.


Alex at 6


Alex at 12

6 comments:

DebW said...

Happy Birthday Alex!!All the good people a re born in March! ;)

Great projects Amy! Congrats!!
Glad I nagged you to post! What a great treat!

Amie said...

WOW, super update batman! Your layouts are fab! I love the colors one and the first one. So creative! The easter project is adorable too! Great work!

Jessica said...

holy cow mama! what an update!! I've missed chatting with you. :( I love the photos, Alex is such a beauty!!! and you are a contest maniac!!!

Theresa Tyree said...

Beautiful work, girlie! Happy Birthday, Alex!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amy congrats on being being chosen a runner-up in that contest! Your layouts and designs are beautiful and I'm sure you'll be the Iron Chef next year! I hope Alex had a great birthday! -- Dawn

www.thewayiseethings.typepad.com

Janette said...

Happy late Birthday Alex!