Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday, Monday / Week 6: Pictures of the Day

Another Monday...another day home with a sick child and a sick self. :( Alex has been sleeping like she's never slept before in her life...poor girl. She woke up last night with body aches too. Mama's got a scratchy throat and is just plain run down, as well. So we are home again.

I can't believe it's been another week of pictures...time sure is FLYING by!!!

So here some shots from my life last week:

Feb 5 - Samantha likes to chill out a bit after school, when the homework is all finished. She plays soccer and cheerleads, so she enjoys playing on the computer for some down time.


Feb 6 - I just had to take a picture of me fitting into my lab coat with my name on it. When I was first hired, I was pretty small, so when it came time to order lab coats with name patches on them, they were small. When I gained weight, I couldn't fit into my own coats and had to wear spares without my name on them. Now that I've lost nearly 20 lbs, I can fit my own labcoats now!!! Like my safety glasses?!! ;)


Feb 7 - Funny story!!! A couple years back, I got my ear pierced at the top. I had to take it out, because it was too uncomfortable sleeping with it. So Thursday I decided, spur of the moment, to try it again...this time a little higher up on the ear. Well, that night I had trouble sleeping with it again and looked at it in the mirror. I decided that I really didn't like the look after all and that I valued my sleep more! So out it came!!! At least I'm left with the earrings!!!


Feb 8- I had gone shopping the night before to try to find some smaller clothes to wear. Didn't really find anything I liked, so I was rather discouraged. The next morning, I decided to look through the 'untapped' part of my closet and found an entire wardrobe of pants and skirts!!! I found this skirt and I really like it because it's so much fun and cheery. I feel very pretty in it!!!


Feb 9 - Alex's Senior Level 5 cheer team placed higher than a long-time competitor team in a competition on Saturday. Before the girls went on, the coach had asked them what would motivate them to perform their best and beat this team. The girls answered that they wanted a sleepover at the gym that night if they won. Well, they won!!! Here is Alex posing with her coaches that night.


Feb 10 - Picture day at the cheer gym! :)


Feb 11 - As I mentioned earlier, Alex is home sick today. Here she is after she woke up at noon today! In about 24 hours time, she has slept about 19 of those hours!!! Hopefully that gave her the rest that she needed. Poor girl.


So in the coming weeks, I hope to try to get more creative shots...different vantage points...shots of some of our family's favorite things. Time to mix it up a bit!!!

Thanks for looking! :)

6 comments:

Rhi said...

you are looking fabulous :)
hurrah for fitting into the lab coat!

Jessica said...

holy cow amy!! you look adorable in your lab coat! and poor alex, she must be feeling terrible!!! I ADORE that skirt!! now I want one!!!

MRSJUF said...

Hey there! great choice of pictures to post!!! YOU LOOK GREAT in your lab coat... honestly, those style glasses, the horn rimmed look, are VERY cool on you!!! seriously!!!!

Sorry to hear you are sick!! And, Alex- holy cow!!! did they get any sleep at the gym that night??? The cold must have just done her in. poor thing!!!

DebW said...

Love how youy share the small things in life! Congrats on the 20# loss! The glasses.....you look like a true Chemist! Hope Alex is feeling better soon!!

Amie said...

I had that same problem with my earring up in the cartilage! And my hair was constantly getting stuck in it, or, if I wore a hoop, my brush or comb would be stuck in it and freak me out. It never healed right. Totally took it out. =)

I LOVE that skirt on you!!!!

Janette said...

Hello Darling,
I'm back! :)
Love those pictures, I really love the ones of you. I hear you on the earing. I had one up there and also had a very hard time sleeping on it. I kept it in for a few months and then got rid of it.
I hope Alex is feeling better and you too! Have a GREAT day.