Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm going to a retreat!!!

I can hardly contain myself!!!

Today I printed out all of the pictures that I hope to work with. Enough for 20-22 projects!!! Will I get all of them done...hmmmm probably not!!! But I want to have options, KWIM?

Tomorrow I will pack all of my supplies (well, not ALL of my supplies, LOL!). I'm going to pack a bunch of kits...you just can't go wrong with kits and I have quite a few that I haven't even touched yet! The hard part will be packing the other supplies. I'm going to bring sticker letters, rubons, chipboard, flowers, fibers, ribbons, buttons, gems... Ay yi yi!!! Ohhhh and don't forget paint, ink, embossing powder... Seriously, I'm going to have to REALLY curb the urge to bring more than I'll ever use. When I go to a retreat, I always make it a goal to bring ONLY what I can carry in ONE trip!!! So that's how I will spend tomorrow evening...packing for Friday.

Another thing about retreats for me is that I typically can't sleep a day or two before the event. Which explains why I'm typing this post at midnight, when I have to be at work in 6 hours!!! Retreats are like Christmas to me!!! So I might have to get Tom to knock me out tomorrow night so I can sleep!!!

So tell me about your retreat experiences. Do you love them? Have you been on them before?

6 comments:

MRSJUF said...

Have a great time this weekend, Amy! I know you will create beautiful pieces of art! You always do! Can't wait to see your masterpieces!!!

Amie said...

yup, been on one and it was absolutely awesome! I did a bit of both--did a bunch of kits that I'd put together and then just did some random ones as well on the fly. There's always something that you need or forget at home, but you'll get there eventually, so, no worries. have fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Have fun and Happy Valentine's Day!

DebW said...

You are as excited as a kid on Christmas eve! I know I don't have to talk about retreats with you...we've spent a few of them together! Can't wait till we get away again!Have fun this weekend! I know you'll be busy!

Kate O'Brien said...

Hope you had a great time at your retreat! :)

Lisa J. said...

How exciting Amy! I actually got back last night from the ScrapBowl. Packing is the hardest part. I just don't have time to preplan pages. I do utilize the page kits which helps alot! I hope you had fun. Can't wait to see what you did!