Thursday, November 22, 2007

Weeks 5 and 6 of Scrap That Tune / Exciting News!!!

Here are my Weeks 5 and 6 layouts for "Scrap That Tune" over at Scrappy Giraffe Kits. I can't believe that we only have two weeks left!!!

Week 5:



Song: Crazy
Mission: Scrap the title/use the sketch
Photos: Three...combo black and white/color
Extra: Buttons (handmade out of paper and floss w/inked edges
Other: Felt letters, flower, gems
Techniques: Doodling, hand-stitching, inking, homemade buttons; Popped up the center color photo by backing with chipboard.
Journaling: "Sometimes you drive me CRAZY. We like to be CRAZY. CRAZY 4 U."

Week 6:



Song: Bad Day
Mission: Title, Artist (see blow up pic), Lyrics, Sketch
Scrap Design: Monochromatic
Bonus: Pipecleaners
Other supplies: Patterned paper, transparencies, chipboard, rubons, ink, brads, eyelets, fiber (arrow)
Special techniques: Doodling, inking, handcut title, handcut custom border, black and white photo with custom colored sling


Exciting News!!! I was selected to be on the design team for Express Yourself , my favorite LSS!!! I'm very happy and look forward to creating for Amy and her store. The rest of the team is super nice and I'm happy to work with them!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, All!!! :)

6 comments:

Janette said...

Congratulations on the design team! That is wonderful news! Loving those new layouts too! Hope all is well and I hope you had a blessed thanksgiving yesterday! Miss ya lots! xoxox

Dettao said...

congrats on your design team. I love your style. These layouts you are doing with song titles are amazing.

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful! I love all the lyric pages. There are so many great details. It reminds me of one the books the girls had when they were little that had all the little hidden treasures.

Congrats, of course!
I am hoping to stop by tomorrow and visit.
See you!
Pat

Scrappy Moments said...

How Cute, I Love all your name that tune Layouts, How fun :)

Angie

Theresa Tyree said...

Amy, I've loved all your projects for the Scrappy Giraffe kits challenges. Kinda sad it's all coming to an end this week. I look forward each week to seeing what you come up with.
I hope you're feeling better and getting things lined out, physically.
I'm so excited about your new DT gig!! You'll do a great job. They're so fortunate to have you on their team!!

Theresa Tyree said...

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas, Amy! I miss your posts. I need to get your belated birthday card in the mail!!